Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Let's Celebrate Purim

Purim is right around the corner! This joyful holiday is an all time favorite! What better way to celebrate purim than to make jam filled Hamentashen?! No need to feel deprived watching everyone eat their shalach manos, as these are anytime as good as the junk ones out there!Posted by Picasa
Recipe on page 4 in the "SCD with Taste & Tradition Cookbook":
6 cups almond flour
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup oil
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup apple cider

For filling: Honey Apricot Cherry Spread

1. Place all dough ingredients in large bowl. Mix well.
2. Refrigerate dough overnight.
3. With a rolling pin, roll out dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
4. Use a large round cookie cutter or a drinking glass (dipped in nut flour) to cut circles in the dough.
5. Place a teaspoon of jam in center of each circle.
6. Fold all 3 sides of circle towards center and pinch sides together, forming triangles.
7. Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes on 325F.
9. BEST WISHES ON A VERY JOYOUS PURIM!!

Photo courtesy of Esti Koplowitz: "I made the hamentashen recipe in the SCD taste and Tradition cookbook and they came out yummy! I used the jelly on your website for the filling. Thanks for the recipe.Enjoy the photo." Print this post

3 comments:

KBCO said...

Thank goodness I found your site! I have been diagnosed with UC and have only been following the SCD diet for 3 weeks. I was a vegetarian, but am now finding that to be impossible. This is quite a lifestyle change for me. Please keep posting!I so appreciate that you follow SCD without even needing to follow it. Thank you so much for creating this blog.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for creating this blog! I will visit regularly!

Anonymous said...

I have just been diagnosed with crohns disease and it has been depressing, but seeing these recipes gives me hope! Thank you so much!!! I will use this site and put it in my favorites so I can access it daily!