Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wonderful Shopping Experience at Farmer's Market


I had a great time shopping at Farmer's Market! They have all types of winter squashes, some of which I've never seen before. The price was unbeatable at $0.50/lb. I'm really big on winter squashes, and so, I stocked up! For dinner, I chopped up some butternut squash, fresh green beans, and added some frozen peas. I steamed these veggies with a bit of sea salt. The results were a very refreshing and delicious side dish. I felt like a great mom, watching my two toddlers asking for more and more!!

If you have a farmer's market in your area, take advantage! The one in my area will be around only until Nov 15th.

Farmers' market produce is renowned for being locally grown and very fresh. Farmers' markets are markets, usually held out-of-doors, in public spaces, where farmers can sell produce to the public. Print this post

No comments: