Dairy Fruit Soup From upcoming "I Can't Believe it Cookbook"
3 ½ cups water
1 lb. frozen strawberries
½ cup honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup dripped yogurt
1. Pour ½ cup cold water into soup bowl, sprinkle gelatin and set aside to jel.
2. Place 3 cups water and strawberries in a 4 quart pot and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add honey, vanilla and gelatin and cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender.
5. When soup has cooled completely, add the dripped yogurt and blend again.
6. Refrigerate and serve cold.
The second winner soup is a "Blended Cauliflower Soup" from the "Dining In Again" Cookbook. The best part is that this is so easy to make - it'll be done in a jiffy. It also freezes very well:
1 Onion, diced
1-2 cloves Garlic (according to taste)
Oil for sauteing
2 large Zucchinis, peeled
1 lb. frozen Cauliflower
1 Tbls Salt
Dash of White Pepper
Saute onion and garlic in oil until translucent. Slice zucchini, and place in pot along with cauliflower and spices. Add water until vegetables are just about covered. Cook for half an hour and then blend with an immersion blender.