Tuesday, April 27, 2010
PB & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
Attention all peanut butter & jelly fans! This cookie recipe is for you! This tangy & chewy dessert is sure to delight all ages! My 2 yr old sonny is overjoyed with these (he'll do anything to earn it)! So, come on and join us for some cookie baking:
1/3 cup coconut oil (at room temp)
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 tspn pure vanilla extract
1/4 tspn baking soda
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup Moonshine Trading cherry jam
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the coconut oil until light and fluffy (about 2 - 3 minutes). Beat in the peanut butter and honey. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat to combine. In a separate bowl whisk together the almond flour and baking soda. Add to the peanut butter mixture and beat until incorporated. (If the batter is too soft to form into balls, place in the refrigerator for about an hour or until firm.)
3. Roll the batter into 1 inch balls. Transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet, placing about 1 inch apart.
4. Using your thumb or end of a wooden spoon , make a indentation into the center of each cookie and fill with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cookies are set and are beginning brown. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
6. Store in the freezer with sheets of parchment paper between the layers.
Makes about 35 cookies.
Note: Peanut butter is an advanced SCD food. For those of you in the earlier stages of SCD, substitute almond butter or cashew butter.
Tip: These cookies are especially tasty right out of the freezer. Print this post
Posted by Esther Russ at 12:13 PM