Monday, February 1, 2010
SCD Mashed Potatoes
I am on a high! I was looking for an alternative for good ol' mashed potatoes & discovered this awesome recipe - this one's really worth the try!
You'll need a steamer for this recipe.
1 medium Butternut Squash
1 large Onion, cubed
2 Tbls. Coconut Oil
2 Tbls. Olive Oil
2 Tspn. Honey
Salt, to taste
2 shakes Black Pepper
1. Peel and seed the squash, and cut into chunks.
2. Steam squash in steamer until very soft. Once it's done, shut the heat and let sit in covered steamer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until well caramelized.
4. Transfer squash to a medium bowl. Use potato masher to mash squash until well mashed.
5. Add the fried onions and the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Mix well.
6. Use ice cream scoop to serve.
My entire family enjoyed this dish immensely, including my one year old sonny (pictured) : ) Print this post
Posted by Esther Russ at 10:24 AM