Thursday, January 28, 2010
Spaghetti Mushroom Delight
My neighbor (non SCD) shared this recipe with me. She insisted I try it... I wasn't disappointed...
1 large Spaghetti Squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
2 large Onions, peeled & Cubed
3 Tbls. Coconut Oil
10 oz. fresh Mushrooms, peeled & Cubed
5 Eggs, beaten
1 3/4 tspn. Salt
1/8 tspn. Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven, and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add mushrooms and saute for another 20 minutes.
4. Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl. Combine all ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
5. Pour batter into a 9X13 pyrex dish.
8. Bake on 350F for 1 1/2 hours, until the edges are golden brown.
Tip: For the ideal plan ahead meal, place into individual portion pans and freeze before baking. When ready to use, bake for 1 1/2 hours. They'll taste fresh - as if you made it that day. Print this post
Posted by Esther Russ at 10:27 AM