I used both my mother's and my mother-in-law's applesauce recipe, made some minor adjustments, and ended up with the most delicious dessert! I enjoy this applesauce particularly after dinner since it settles my stomach and satisfies my sweet tooth.
- Peel & cut each apple into 16 small chunks.
- Place water in a 12 quart pot and add the apple chunks.
- Wrap cranberries in the cheesecloth and knot the bag. Set aside.
- Cover pot and simmer on a very low flame (the lowest possible). Stir the apples every 1/2 hour.
- Add cranberries to the apples approximately 2 hours into cooking time. Cook for 1-2 more hours, until the apples have softened and dissolved considerably.
- Squeeze out the cranberries from the cheesecloth and dispose of bag.
- Blend the apples with an immersion blender.
- Enjoy : )