Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hannukah is almost here! Yippee!


Hannukah is around the corner, and I'm looking forward to making yummy SCD latkes! While browsing through recipes, I came across one on Elana's Pantry that looks really great. I'm looking forward to making it, and I hope you all enjoy it too! Happy Hannukah : )

Buttenut Squash Latkes

4 cups Butternut Squash, peeled & grated
1 small Onion, peeled & grated
3 Eggs, whisked
oil, for frying

  1. In a large bowl make latke batter by mixing together squash, onion and eggs.
  2. Use your hands to form batter into 3 inch patties
  3. In a large skillet, heat oil
  4. Fry patties on each side over medium heat until golden brown and crispy
  5. Remove latkes from pan and place on a paper towl lined plate to drain excess oil
  6. Repeat Steps 2-4 until batter is used up
  7. Sprinkle with kosher salt
Print this post

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got the squash shredded, ready for frying. I'll let you know how it comes out!
Leslie

Unknown said...

sounds great, I do something similar with Indian Pakoras.
I take grated zucchini, chopped corriander, sliced onion, 1/4 c almond flour, 1-2 eggs(try one egg first) , sea salt, cumin pdr pinch fr garlic and ginger paste, pinch of Baking soda. Mix well, and then with a spoon drop dollops into hot oil ( not too hot as almond flour is delicate) and fry till golden brown.

I will also try yur latkes soon , sounds delicious

Shaheen

Anonymous said...

I finished the latkes (early, couldn't wait). Yum! Happy Hanukkah!
Leslie