Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Latkes Update

I finally made the butternut squash latkes I've posted below. The latkes were a real hit! So yummy & moist! I would choose it anytime over potato latkes.
I made the following minor adjustments: I added 3/4 teaspoon salt, and a dash of black pepper to the batter. Alternatively, instead of shredding the squash, I used the blade that creates thin, shoestring-like strips. I also used extra light olive oil for frying.
I doubled the recipe with the hope that I'll have leftovers for tomorrow's dinner. However, later in the evening hubby was looking for an after dinner snack, and guess what he chose? .... Oh well... I'll have to think of another side dish for tomorrow's dinner.
Print this post

3 comments:

judy hold said...

These latkes were delicious and a real winner with my family. I plan to make them again very soon.

Reverie said...

Where can I find the recipe for the latke's? Thanks, Nitasia

Esther Russ said...

Scroll down, and click on "Older Posts". It's on one of the first posts. Enjoy!