Thursday, March 22, 2012

Green Mayo

Ever since my dear friend in England introduced Green Mayo to me... I have not looked at standard mayo! The little bit I had left in my fridge I've used for my family... for my taste buds knew better than plain mayo.
I use Green Mayo a lot in my veggie salads, on cold steamed butternut squash cubes (like potato salad), to dip veggies/chicken fingers/burgers, and for tuna/egg/avocado spread. It's tasty enough to spread on fresh fish or chicken cutlets before baking or broiling... you'll find yourself using this in soooo many dishes!

2 free range eggs
1 1/4 tspn sea salt
1/4 tspn freshly ground black pepper
1 Tblsp yellow mustard
4 cloves garlic
2 Tblsp white wine vinegar
40g fresh parsley leaves (1 cup)
5 cups cold pressed sunflower oil (any liquid oil should work)

1. In the bowl of your food processor, using the knife attachment, blend the first seven ingredients for three minutes.
2. Add oil, drip-by drip while machine is on high. Here's my tip: take a 7 oz. or 9 oz. plastic cup, and make a tiny hole on the bottom with a sharp pointy knife. Place the cup over the food processor spout and fill it with oil. You can then walk away, only to return to refill the cup with more oil.
3.Place mayo in a 2-quart glass jar.
4. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks. Print this post

No comments: