Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lemon Chicken with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce


Here's an awesome chicken recipe I'm sure you'll all enjoy!It's quick and easy, and oh so tasty! Placing the chicken cutlets in lemon water tenderizes the chicken and gives it a mellow flavor. I plan on doing this all the time when using chicken cutlets. My family loved these, and it was a great change of pace for us. Thank you, Debby, my dear SCD friend for this wonderful idea!

5 slices chicken breast (skinless & boneless)
juice of 2 lemons
1/3 cup water
3/4 cup seasoned
almond flour
3 Tbsp coconut oil

Honey Mustard Sauce:
½ cup homemade mayonnaise
3 Tbsp
honey
2 Tbsp yellow mustard
1-2 Tbsp orange juice

1. Combine lemon juice and water in a large bowl.
2. Pound chicken with wooden mallet.
3. Place chicken in lemon water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Dip chicken in seasoned almond flour.
5. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil, and fry chicken on both sides until lightly browned.
6. Combine ingredients for sauce in a small bowl.
7. Drizzle sauce over warm chicken cutlets, and serve.
8 Enjoy in good health! Print this post

4 comments:

dana dshman said...

when you say seasoned almond flour what are you seasoning it with. im getting ready to start scd nd trying to get my items together.

Esther Russ said...

I just sprinkle some salt, pepper, paprika, and anything else I like on chicken - it's really your call : )

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and LOVE it! What an inspiration for delicious SCD cooking. I am trying to figure out how to access all your recipes without having to scroll through every page to do it. Do you have a recipe log. Thanks,Tessa

Esther Russ said...

A recipe log would be a great addition. Thanks for the suggestion. I hope to work on this shortly.