Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sweet N Savory Butternut Squash Dish


I used to not enjoy butternut squash fries. I felt they were too sweet for my likings... until I discovered this recipe and fries have become my favorite side dish! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

1 Medium Butternut Squash, cubed
2 Tablespoons homemade Mayo
2 Tablespoons homemade Ketchup
Salt & Spices of your choice

  1. Place squash in a pyrex 8" square dish.
  2. Add the mayo and ketchup and mix until well combined.
  3. Season with salt and spices.
  4. Bake at 375F for two hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
Afterthoughts: I enjoyed the leftovers for snack the following day right out of the fridge. No need to re-heat. Print this post

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

why does it have to be stirred everey 20 min.

Esther Russ said...

It needs to be stirred so that it should bake evenly and so that the bottom should not burn. Enjoy : )

Anonymous said...

thank you
i enjoyed it very much
thank you for posting this recipe

Anonymous said...

I love the chewy texture that the squash becomes. I made it in the afternoon for supper, and I munched on it enough that I ended up having to make it again to have some to eat for supper!

judy hold said...

I baked this dish and am still salivating over it. This was the most tasty, delicious recipe I have ever tasted. It did not have to baked quite as long, but the slightly singed at the edges was mmmmmm delicious. This one gets 5 stars to be repeated many times over.